At the Louisville Center for Eating Disorders, we are always looking for talented and caring professionals to join our team! If you are interested in a career with us, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Louisville Center for Eating Disorders is currently seeking a post-doctoral fellow to join our team starting in 2020 (start date is flexible). Responsibilities would include treating patients with eating disorders, as well as co-morbid disorders such as OCD and anxiety, participating in our growing intensive-outpatient and partial hospitalization program, treatment team meetings, group supervision, and trainings.
We want a fellow with a strong background in evidence-based practice who is excited and willing to learn more about evidence-based treatments for eating disorders, as well as comorbid disorders. Research experiences are also available. Training in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) preferred, but not required.
All qualified post-doctoral candidates with relevant clinical experience in these areas are encouraged to apply.
- Provide clinical services to a wide variety of populations (i.e., ages, populations, diagnoses, etc.) under clinical supervision, with special emphasis on eating disorders and OCD
- Willingness to learn evidence-based treatment for eating disorders, OCD, anxiety disorders and comorbidities
- Participate in intensive-outpatient and partial hospitalization programs as needed
- Participate in treatment team meetings, individual supervision, and supervision of practicum students
- Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited institution
- Experience or interest in serving patients primarily on an outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization basis
- Strong clinical acumen
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team-based practice
- Experience adapting interventions to patients’ strengths, skills, and developmental levels
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits for best practice
- Ability to comply with clinic documentation standards
Full-Time Eating Disorder Therapist
The Louisville Center for Eating Disorders is searching for a dedicated, passionate therapist to provide evidence-based services in our growing outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial-hospital program for eating disorders. We are the only eating disorder clinic in the state of Kentucky and therefore, provide extremely needed services for individuals throughout the state. The Louisville Center for Eating Disorders has a top-notch reputation in the community for providing psychological services that are evidence-based, specialized, and patient-centered.
In addition to the Louisville Center for Eating Disorders, we also provide services for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) through the Louisville OCD clinic. Our therapists are all highly-skilled and are cross-trained to provide evidence-based treatment to individuals with eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and other anxiety- and OCD-related disorders. Additional training is also offered to therapists interested in learning more about using virtual reality in exposure-based work, DBT, ACT, CBT-for eating disorders, family-based treatment for adolescents, and evidence-based approaches for the treatment of PTSD. Overall, this position will provide high-quality training and experience for individuals seeking to grow in their library of evidence-based skills. We also work very closely with researchers at the University of Louisville and are therefore using continuously using novel, evidence-based practices with our patients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, motivated, and collaborative therapist to join our full-time staff. A full-time therapist would be involved in the following duties, tasks, responsibilities, and capacities:
- Provide intake assessments to inform treatment plans
- Utilize evidence-based treatment approaches in individual and group formats (couples and family formats are also available)
- Participation across outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs
- Attendance at interdisciplinary treatment teams and regular consultation and training to build and develop competency in treatment approaches
- Participation in training and willingness to grow in knowledge of evidence-based treatments across a range of diverse populations (e.g., children, older adults)
- Ability to be flexible with a caseload that includes children, adolescents, and adults
- Willingness to work with a diverse population of individuals
- Proper storage of private and sensitive patient information
Although candidates with experience in the treatment of eating disorders and OCD are preferred, it is not a requirement. Many full-time clinical staff at the clinic did not have prior treatment experience across those specialties. We value candidates who are open to learning these approaches alongside experts in eating disorders, OCD, and PTSD through frequent training and consultation. Notably, we will provide supervision and training with top experts in the treatment of these disorders. Opportunities for research involvement are also possible.
Other requirements and preferences are as follows:
- Applicants must be licensed in their respective field (Master’s or Doctorate level)
- Flexibility in scheduling to include evening hours, if needed
- Preference for a start date asap, though we are flexible given fit for the position
As a thriving and growing eating disorder clinic, salary will be commensurate with prior experience with potential for substantial increases and bonuses. There are also opportunities for growth, supervision of practicum students, and future leadership roles. Postdoctoral students are also invited to apply for this position, with supervision included.