We provide a comprehensive range of services, including outpatient therapy, nutrition counseling and an individualized intensive outpatient program.
- Eating Disorder Family Education Nights: The Eating Disorder Family Education Nights will be four consecutive nights learning about what this diagnosis means for your loved one and you. Topics covered will include understanding the diagnosis, treatment, how to help, what is not helpful, communication skills, and much more. These four nights will be one hour long and held every other week before repeating. Please join us to learn and ask questions about navigating this challenging time. This group will meet at 6pm on Feb. 26, Mar. 12, Mar. 26, and April 9, 2019. Fee is $45 per meeting.
- Meal Therapy Groups: Meal therapy can help to reduce unhealthy or negative associations with food. During meals, individuals will sit with a therapist, who will aid them in practicing normalized eating and will challenge some of the individual’s food fears. The therapist will also help in processing any negative thoughts and feelings they might have in a safe, structured environment.This group is designed to restore and maintain healthy weight. This group meets at 8am for Breakfast and 12pm for Lunch every day, Monday – Friday. Fee is $45-75 per meeting.
- Eating Disorder Thoughts Group: The group focuses on the interplay between thoughts, emotions, and behaviors for each individual and their eating disorder. participants learn to identify unhelpful thoughts and ways to challenge them. Sessions may also incorporate acceptance-based strategies designed to change the individual’s relationship with their thoughts. This group meets every Monday at 10am with Dr. Mark Schirmer, PsyD. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Eating Disorder Family Member Group: Watching your loved one grapple with the hardships of an eating disorder can be difficult. Social support is important, and sharing your thoughts and feelings with others may help you realize that you are not alone. This group meets every last Monday of the month at 5pm with Dr. Mark Schirmer, PsyD and Amanda Velez, MSSW. Fee is $45 per meeting.
- New Vision Group: This group is for adults that have struggled with depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or a similar issue. The group focuses on issues that can be barriers to treatment progress, such as feelings of isolation, loneliness, social withdrawal, stress, family and relationship discord, untrustworthiness, lack of motivation, difficulty making decisions, and being overwhelmed. This group enables members to recognize that they are not alone with experiencing these issues and begin to build rapport with others. In addition, members learn healthy coping strategies to feel more empowered in their lives and improve work and social relationships. This group meets every other Monday at 6pm with Dr. Mark Schirmer, PsyD and Sara Sutphin, MEd, LPP. Fee is $45 per meeting.
- Adult Perfectionism Group: This CBT therapy group is especially targeted for adults with eating disorders. Participants will learn about the upsides and downsides of perfectionism and will learn to identify perfectionistic behaviors and thoughts. Participants will learn strategies to cope with these thoughts and behaviors using a cognitive behavioral framework. People struggling with all types of perfectionism are welcome to participate in this therapist-facilitated forum for psycho education, support, and encouragement. This group meets every Wednesday at 10am with Dr. Alex Pruitt, PsyD. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Body-Image Group: In this confidential group setting, you will be able to work through these negative feelings and build a more positive sense of self about yourself and your body. We encourage you to join us for this clinician-led group and find support from others struggling with the same feelings. This group meets every Thursday at 10am with Sara Sutphin, MEd, LPP. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Eating Disorder Exposure Group: Instruction is provided on the cycle of distressing thoughts that often produce intense urges to neutralize unwanted feelings in an unhealthy manner. The group clinician teaches clients how to tolerate these urges using a treatment approach commonly associated with behavioral therapies for anxiety and obsessive- related disorders. This group meets every Friday at 10am with Dr. Street Russell, PsyD. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Recovery Focus Group: The Recovery Focus Group consists of activities that promote staying on track in recovery from eating disorders. These activities include identifying values, challenging eating disorder justifications, analyzing the costs/benefits of eating disorders and costs/benefits of recovery, identifying and managing ED triggers, and more! The last part of every group consists of planning for the weekend to stay on track in recovery, seeking group support and ideas for anticipated weekend challenges, and providing support to other group members. This group meets every Friday at 1pm with Amanda Roth, M.A. and Sabrina Kordes, M.A. Fee is $45 per meeting.
DATE TO BE DETERMINED
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills Groups: Dialectical behavioral therapy can help reduce unhealthy behaviors and thought processes and behaviors, and improve your overall social and behavioral functioning. These 12 week skills groups will teach you this skills to improve your quality of life. We offer three kinds of groups:
- Adolescent Eating Disorder Group led by Dr. Alex Pruitt, PsyD. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Adult Eating Disorder Group led by Irina Vanzhula, M.S. Fee is $45 per meeting.
- Adult General Non-ED Group led by Dr. Mark Schirmer, PsyD. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Tuesdays: IOP DBT Group led by Dr. Mark Schirmer, PsyD. This group is held every Tuesday at 10am for patients in our intensive-outpatient program. Fee is $75 per meeting.
- Mindfulness Meditation Group: What this group offers in particular is direct instruction on mindfulness-meditation, and how to use mindfulness meditation to: 1) understand how your “thinking mind” has the potential to increase or decrease stress, 2) experience emotions without becoming overwhelmed, and 3) develop more positivity and compassion towards yourself, your life, and those around you. This group meeting time is TBA; it is led by Dr. Broderick Sawyer, PsyD. Fee is $45 per meeting.
- Young Adult Eating Disorder Support Group: This group is for group members between 16 and 21 years of age who suffer or have suffered from eating disorders. Group members will learn to process their feelings and able get comfort or support from others going through similar experiences with eating disorders in a confidential, group setting. This group meeting time is TBA; it is led by Dr. Alex Pruitt, PsyD. Fee is $45 per meeting.