At the Louisville Center for Eating Disorders, we are always looking for talented and caring professionals to join our team! If you are interested in a career with us, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to Dr. Street Russell.
The Louisville Center for Eating Disorders is currently seeking a post-doctoral fellow to join our team starting in Summer 2019 (start date is flexible). Responsibilities would include treating clients with eating disorders, as well as comorbid disorders such as OCD and anxiety, providing outpatient eating disorder treatment, participating in our growing intensive-outpatient and partial hospital programs, and attending treatment team meetings, group supervision, and trainings. We want a fellow with a strong background in evidence-based practice who is excited and willing to learn more about evidence-based treatments for eating disorders, as well as comorbid disorders. This is also a great training opportunity to learn how to use exposure and response prevention therapy. Research experiences are also available.
All qualified post-doctoral candidates with relevant clinical experience and/or interest in these areas are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated therapist to join our full-time staff. A full-time therapist would be involved in the following duties, tasks, responsibilities, and capacities:
- Provide intake assessments to inform treatment plans
- Utilize evidence-based treatment approaches in individual and group formats (couples and family formats are also available)
- Participation across outpatient, intensive outpatient (IOP), and partial hospitalization programs (PHP), with IOP programs focused on eating disorders and OCD and PHP for eating disorders
- Attendance at interdisciplinary treatment teams and regular consultation and training to build and develop competency in treatment approaches
- Proper storage of private and sensitive patient information
Although candidates with experience in the treatment of eating disorders and OCD are preferred, it is certainly not a requirement, as we are able to provide training in these specialty areas. We value candidates who are open to learning these approaches alongside experts in eating disorders, OCD, and PTSD through frequent training and consultation. Additional training is also offered to therapists interested in learning more about using virtual reality in exposure-based work, DBT, ACT, and evidence-based approaches for the treatment of PTSD.
As a thriving and growing private facility, therapist pay is highly competitive. There are also opportunities for growth, supervision of practicum students, and future leadership roles. Postdoctoral students are also invited to apply for this position, with supervision included.